Monday, November 22, 2010

Chevy 1966 Supersport

We had a white Chevy 1966 Supersport - I loved that car.  Daddy would drive and I would sit in the back behind him on my knees leaning on the seat.  We didn't have to use seatbelts then, but it usually was just around town, going from home to grandmas, or home to aunt Connies.  The interior was blue, not a dark blue but a light blue.  I don't think it was leather, probably synthetic plastic, but the seams were horizontal.  The four of us would fit in the back and the front was two seats with the console in the middle.  I would ask daddy, "when I grow up, can I have this car daddy?"  He would just smile and nod.  Later, daddy sold it and bought a 1975 burgundy red two-door Cordoba Chrysler - it was so sharp I forgot I wanted the Chevy.

No comments: