Monday, November 22, 2010

After the drama

After things had settled down in the emergency room, we called his sisters and brothers.  It had been too soon after our uncle died in May 2009 so we were all nervous.  I had one sister visiting in San Jose and a brother living in San Bernarndino, Badoll and momma were already there.  Time to call in the troops.  I still didn't want to say to come 'cause to say come was to admit something was really wrong. 

Daddy had a hard time after his brother passed and when he got sick, he was convinced he would be next - this was what it was all about.  Even the doctor said to talk to him because he had a "fatalistic" view of the world right now.  Daddy called us in one at a time to tell us where things were just in case.  Including myself.  I was in the lobby doing what I normally do.  Visiting and thinking,  "it's all going to be o.k."  We'll be home in a couple of days and it will just be another day in our life.  Daddy will be back to his being our daddy.  I couldn't let him go yet and God wasn't going to take him from us.....yet.

No comments: