Sunday, November 21, 2010

The beginning of the end

July 16, 2009 I got the call that would change everything we were use to.  Momma called while me and my daughter were at the library, "your daddy's not doing good, you need to come quick!"  If daddy was sick it was not good at all - he never really got sick or if he did he wouldn't say - but for him to say so it wasn't good.  "Call 911, I'll be right there!"  We quickly turned around and went to the house,  when I walked in to the bedroom he was sitting on the edge of the bed rubbing his head.  The ambulance shows up, I was worried they would think we were just calling for something minor,  I had to tell them, if daddy sick he's really sick.  When we pulled the blankets back - there were globs of blood, we didn't know it then but he was literally bleeding out.  They rushed him to the ambulance and we rushed to our car to the hospital.  They flew down Fowler and we took the freeway.  He coded in the ambulance, in the emergency room and again when we got there.  We knew none of this yet.

1 comment:

Our Daddy said...

The Pain and Suffering is Gone But the Memeories Live Forever

Our daddy was our strength and when he was diagnosed with Cancer it was like a sharp pain in our hearts. Not daddy, it was hard when I would go see him because I could see the changes in his face and I would cry all the ways home everyday from work and back. But daddy kept going, driving his car to store, Drs appt. etc... He was strong and had the will power to keep going to see his grandkids events, He would always talk about the older grandkids stories and then the younger grandkids. Samuels games and Boy Scouts, Adriannes 8th Grade Graduation, Bethany's recital, Esther's school events, Allyssa's girl scouts, you name it he was there for all of his grandchildren and each and everyone of them miss him so much but they no he's in a special place in our hearts. I remember Priscillas award ceremony Daddy stood up for her awards and at that time he was barely able to get up it was 2 weeks before going to Idaho. Thank you GRANDPA your the best grandpa a grandkid could ever have.